ECIA Brownfields Program
ECIA provides technical and financial assistance (when available) in order to assess, cleanup, and reuse potential brownfield sites throughout the five-county region of Cedar, Clinton, Delaware, Dubuque, and Jackson Counties.
The goal is to reduce public health threats and put vacant, blighted and/or underutilized properties back into productive use. The ECIA Brownfields Revolving Loan Fund (BRLF) provides low-interest loans and/or grants for property cleanup costs to qualified projects.
Goal: The goal is to reduce public health threats and put vacant, blighted and/or underutilized properties back into productive use.
ECIA administers two U.S. EPA Brownfields programs:
- ECIA Brownfields Assessment Grant Fund
- ECIA Brownfields Revolving Loan Fund (BRLF)
Brownfields Revolving Loan Fund Features
- Low interest loans for property cleanup costs
- “Gap” financing for development projects
- Flexible terms including deferred payment options
- Loans are available to qualifying municipalities, non-profit and for-profit entities. Grants are available to qualifying municipalities and non-profit entities.
- Located within an Opportunity Zone, flood zone or that are part of the community’s urban revitalization plan
- Reduces and/or eliminates threats to the environment and human health
- Reuses existing infrastructure
- Potential for near-term redevelopment success
- Promotes smart growth and sustainable development strategies
- Creates or preserves green space
- Involves Community and has community support