City Support Services
ECIA staff assist member cities in everything city related. Our mission is to walk beside you and support you as you navigate through the challenges and rewards of being public servants. Our staff has almost 30 years of experience in city administration serving in the roles of city administrator and city clerk in both rural and metro cities. No task is too big or too small. If you have a need, we want to fill it. At the end of the day, we understand the everyday challenges that you face. Even if you just need to vent to someone who understands, we are here for you.
Most of the assistance that you will need is already included in your membership fees with ECIA. An additional charge may be required for the completion of the more complicated reports or projects depending on their size and time necessary for their completion.
City Support Services include but are not limited to:
- City Treasurer duties for cities who would like additional internal control measures.
- Audit assistance – RFP development, completion of reports and/or serve as liaison with the auditor.
- Assist city staff on the preparation of annual reports including but not limited to: Road Use Tax Forms, Outstanding Debt Obligation Form, Annual Report, TIF Certification, Urban Renewal Report, Budget and Budget Amendment.
- Provide clerical or generalized office assistance to city clerks or city administrators including but not limited to: development of spread sheets, writing or proofing of city minutes, office organization, filing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, etc.
- Provide interim city clerk or city administrator services to cities while these positions are vacant.
- Provide in-person specialized training to new city clerks and city administrators.
- Assist in the job search and hiring of city personnel including updating job descriptions, writing and placing ads, reviewing applications and setting up interviews with appropriate city personnel.
- Provide new Mayor and City Council orientation with a personalized approach that includes meeting with city administration and department heads to determine their priorities, strengths and weaknesses.
- Need specific expertise or a recommendation in a certain area, let us know and we will research and provide a cost/benefit analysis.
- Any aera that hasn’t been listed above, let us know and we will find a way to assist you.
For information contact Kelley Brown at email@example.com or by phone at 563-348-0200
Our goal is to help you provide excellent service to those who are proud
to call your city their home.