ECIA is a focal point for economic development in the region because it was designated as a Regional Economic Development District in 1978 by the US Department of Commerce and the Governor of Iowa. ECIA assists local governments and development groups provide financial assistance to expanding businesses.
ECIA Business Growth, Inc. operates business loan programs including the SBA 504 Program and several Revolving Loan Funds. Since 1983, the ECIA Business Growth Board of Directors has approved 283 loans totaling $84,038,699, resulting in the creation or retention of 4,917 jobs.
ECIA can also offer assistance to member governments and economic development organizations on the following programs:
- CEBA: Community Economic Betterment Account
- CDBG EDSA: Community Development Block Grant Economic Development Set-Aside
- CDBG PFSA: Community Development Block Grant Public Facilities Set-Aside
- TIF: Tax Increment Financing
- EDA: Economic Development Administration Public Works Program (United States Department of Commerce)
ECIA Business Growth
7600 Commerce Park
Dubuque, IA 52002